Sunday, January 23, 2011

DaY FiVe

Day Five: Post a photo of your favorite memory. Why is this your favorite memory? What made it so special?
05.25.2010
6 lbs. 13 oz. 19 in.
Isabel Riley Montufar

My favorite memory?  When Isabel was born.  Hands down.  No contest.  I got pregnant at a time in my very young life (I know.  I'm a young mom.) when I was doing some really stupid stuff and making some really bad choices.  I was going to Utah State, and I had made some really good new friends, but thanks to a certain someone, and me thinking it was a better idea to follow my heart instead of my head, I was caught on the edge of trying to make something out of myself and my life, and having 'fun' with someone that, at the time, was definitely not a good idea for me.  I've said it before, and I'm sure it will be repeated, I'm positive that I got pregnant for a reason.  That reason being something deeper than two people decided to mess around.  People have said, and will say that having a baby ruined my chances and destroyed a lot of opportunities.  That might be true, but there were a lot of other things I was doing that could have done that very same thing.  My baby was, is, and always will be my saving grace.  She's what got me out of the hole, and she's what keeps me out of it.
My favorite memory?  Is the day that changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment