Saturday, April 16, 2011

The rest of my birthday post

So I had a pretty freakin awesome birthday!  At one point in my day I think I actually said "This is my best birthday so far!"

This is how I started out my morning :)  Happy baby, happy mommy.  I bought her a new outfit for my birthday.  I dunno what was going on, but she was in a happier, sillier mood that day than I've ever seen her and it was awesome!

Some of my students have been just as excited for my birthday as I have.  They've been planning this for a while now, and I'm trying to convince them to start a fan club. 

They even got me this awesome pimp hat and sunglasses.  And you can't see my pen very well, but they got me a pen with Woody from Toy Story on it.  I don't really know why.

Also, in one of the classes that I help with they have a student teacher, and while I was out of the room helping some other students, they made me birthday cards.  One girl wrote this:

"Woot woot!  It's your birthday!  The reason that I love your face is because you're prettay tight home-girl lol (: I can totally trust you. Wish you thee best birff-day ever; Thanks for everything. Hope you never forget my face because I ain't going to forget yours, your tough and a prettay strong girl; hope you still work here till thee end haha if you want!  And I'm gonna take your advice about my boyfriend. Love ya."

Some may see that as a silly note, but I seriously had to keep myself from crying as I was reading it (because there were students there; and you can't let them know you're weak! haha)  All I want to do is try to make other peoples' lives better and make a difference, and I feel like I'm doing that with these kids.  I've totally been where they have (well, except that I was white), but I had the same disliking for some of my teachers as they do, and to know that they trust, respect, and look up to me, means more than any paycheck I've gotten.

Another girl thanked me for helping her and said that if I wasn't an aide that she would hang out with me.

One boy thanked me for taking my time to help him a lot and said that I'm a good friend.

So then I picked up Isabel from the babysitter.  The babysitter helped her color on a piece of paper and she traced her hand and write "Happy Birthday Mommy" on it.  And then she took a bite out of it to make it authentic Isabel.  That almost made me cry as well.  And then babysitters daughter made me a card too with what I'm pretty sure is a flower on it lol.

In the evening we had a few friends over and we had spaghetti and meatballs with my family.  Nothing fancy, but I liked it.  (Which is weird because I love fancy).

Peace out for now, people.  I'm going to the midnight movie with my lover, Megan.  We're going to see Arthur.

 Oh and I got new glasses 8)  I like them a lot.  I haven't worn my contacts since Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment