Friday, May 20, 2011

Spanish Friday

Sooo I'm going out on a limb here and trying out Spanish Friday, which I found over at Latinaish.  This lady is like me.  White on the outside, brown on the inside.  (Lucky for you guys I haven't completely unleashed my insides on you......yet!)  And my Spanish isn't PERFECT yet, but I'm hoping this will help me get better.

So this is going to be in Spanish, but the English translation is down below for those of you that no comprenden ;)

Estaba leyendo el blog 'Latinaish' donde escribio una lista que se puede encontrar aqui --> You know you married a Salvadoran when... y tambien un post que hizo su esposo You know you married a gringa when.... Transluce las listas a espanol pa que las entendiera mi esposo.

Asi fue nuestro conversacion:

Cangri: Tal ves el sufre con esa mujer.

Yo: Y vos sufres conmigo?

Cangri: Pues no, ya me acostumbre.
Como pasas dos horas en el bano arreglando tu pelo, ya no me molesta tanto.

Yo: Pues ellos tienen mucho tiempo juntos.

Cangri: De seguro el sufro antes.  No creo que ella sabia cocinar comida Salvadorena cuando se casaron y el sufrio porque no tenia nada buena para comer.

Yo: No te gusta lo que te hago de comer?  No te lo comes entonces, espero que te mueras del hambre.

Cangri: No dije eso mi amor, a mi me gusta la comida que me haces, perdoname, si?


Mi pobre esposo.  Tiene tanto hambre que sigue comiendo la mierda que hago.  El piensa que estoy en dieta, pero la verdad, es que ni me gusta a mi.

Aaaaanndd in English:

I was reading the blog 'Latinaish' where she wrote a list that you can find here --> You know you married a Salvadoran when... as well as a post that here husband wrote here You know you married a gringa when.... I translated the lists into Spanish so that my husband could understand them.

Our conversation went like this:

Cangri: Maybe he suffers with that woman.

Me: Do you suffer with me?

Cangri: Not anymore, I already got used to it.
Like how you spend two hours doing your hair, it doesn't bother me that much anymore.

Me: Well they've been together for a long time.

Cangri: I'm sure he suffered before.  I don't think she could cook Salvadoran food when they got married, and he suffered because he didn't have anything good to eat.

Me: You don't like what I make?  Don't eat it then, I hope you die of hunger.

Cangri: I didn't say that, my love, I really like the food you make for me.  Forgive me.


My poor husband.  He's so hungry he keeps eating the shit that I make.  He thinks I'm on a diet, but the truth is, I don't even like what I make.


P.S. For the rest of you that participate in Spanish Friday, how do you type the letters with accents?  I used to have a list of them and how to do it, but I have no idea what happened to it.  Help!

4 comments:

  1. Hola Josie! Encontre tu link en el blog de Tracy Lopez. : ) Yo tambien participo en Spanish Friday. Comence hace seis semanas. Worst thing I ever tried to make for my Italian husband is meatloaf, using his mother's recipe that he loved. I should've known better. Had never made meatloaf. It was an abomination.

    As for the Spanish characters, if you have a Mac, go to Edit > Special Characters > Accented Latin ... I'm still trying to figure out where to find them on a PC. If you figure it out, please tell me! Gusto conocerte. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josie, I am laughing here. Sounds like a conversation Carlos and I would have.

    Dile a tu esposo que Carlos no ha sufrido conmigo para nada - Soy yo la que sufrió porque su mamá vive con nosotros! ... LOL.

    For real, marriage is hard. Bicultural/Bilingual marriage is a million times harder. We've been through hell and back, but 13 years later, we're still going strong and I wouldn't trade anything int he world for the intense love we have for each other.

    As for the cooking - Carlos likes peanut butter sandwiches now but for the record, I'm an excellent cook. I didn't always know how to make Salvadoran food, that's true, but he liked my other dishes. Now I cook Salvadoran food better than suegra though. Proof:

    http://latinaish.com/2010/11/07/panes-con-pavo-salvadoran-turkey-sandwiches/

    http://latinaish.com/2011/02/22/marquesote-salvadoran-sweet-bread/

    http://latinaish.com/2011/03/07/pupusas/

    http://latinaish.com/2011/04/02/how-to-win-a-salvadorenos-corazon/

    http://latinaish.com/2010/08/07/salvadoran-albondigas/

    ---

    Thanks for participating in Spanish Friday, by the way. I look forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And Spanish accents - If you have Firefox, download the add-on called "Barra de Español" >

    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/barra-de-espa%C3%B1ol/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ezzy-I'm sure it wasn't your fault. Meatloaf is bad whether you know how to make it or not! Haha.

    Tracy-I am definitely going to check out your food posts! I have been craving some good albondigas lately and I want to make panes con pollo for my daughter's birthday party on Sunday. We'll see how that goes!

    Both of you thanks for the tips on the accents. I'm gonna try to figure this crap out lol.

    ReplyDelete