Friday, July 8, 2011

Foto Friday

I've had lots of blogging material lately and I haven't been able to get much of it up, which disappoints me.  We went camping this week and so I've got some good stuff from that, including the two little girls from the campground that took over the bathroom, but that's for another day.  Hopefully tomorrow.  So seeing as there's 36 minutes left of Friday where I'm at, I'm declaring today Foto Friday and I'm going to include just a few of my favorite pics from my phone over the last week (or two).
Isabel loves helping unload the dishwasher.
When we went camping we barely had enough room for everything.  Isabel was crammed in the backseat with a bunch of other stuff.  We need a bigger vehicle.
We took this at the rest stop that overlooks Bear Lake.  It's GORGEOUS there FYI.  We didn't take very many pictures with my phone because we went ghetto and got a couple disposable cameras.  I'll see what I can do to get those up when we have the money to get them developed.....which might be never.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love this little girl's smile?  She went home early from camping because she refused to sleep in the tent, so my mom met us and took her home with her.  I cried that night because I felt bad for sending her home, so her smile was just that much better today.
This is her squinty eyed smile that she does when people laugh at her and give her lots of attention.  She milks it for all it's worth.
I made this :) My friends little girl turned 6 so I made this for her gift.  She can hang it on the wall and put hair clips or pictures on it or whatever.  She loved it.  I got an iRock thing that's kind of like a bedazzler only better and handheld, so I put the C on it because her name is Celeste.  I've made one before this one and I'm thinking about selling them, but I get bored really fast and I'm not sure I could make them for an extended amount of time.
Cangrejo, Isabel, and I went to the only pupuseria in the valley for some pupusas (YUM) the other day and I took a picture of this.  'En Dios Confiamos' translates into 'In God We Trust'.  It's painted in blue and white, the same colors as the Salvadoran flag.  Awesome?  I think so.  So many people say that if you come here from another country that you should abandon your culture and adapt to the American way of life.  While I don't really agree with that.....at all....., I think that this is a good representation of holding on to where you come from and at the same time grasping something that means so much to the country that you are now a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment