Monday, January 16, 2012

Weight Loss Monday

Here we go!

Starting Weight: 176.4
Previous Weight: 176.4
Current Weight:172.2

That's 4 pounds lost in 1 week people!  Now, I'm assuming I'll slow down a little and just lose 1 or 2 pounds a week.  I think my body is just in a little bit of shock right now.  I've basically just cut down my serving sizes and quit having seconds, when it comes to food.  I'm also trying to find alternatives for things.  I haven't really found any yet.......but I'm looking.  I try to drink at least 72 ounces of water a day, which is really pretty easy.  I usually drink more because I drink it whenever I get the urge to snack (which is a lot).  This last week I've done at least 30 minutes of cardio for 4 days, which is a big thing for me, AND I did most of it on the treadmill, which is quickly becoming the bane of my existence.  Everything hurts after.  My feet, ankles, knees, and hips are taking a beating, which is sad since I'm only 20 years old.  I also do some stretching before and after I run which helps the pain and feels great, and then I do some push ups which is probably the hardest part right now.  Every night before I go to bed I do 75 crunches and then I do 50 as soon as I get up in the morning.  I'm already noticing that the earlier I work out the better, and then I feel great for the rest of the day.

I'm also trying to find yummy, healthy recipes for my picky self that my family will enjoy too.  For lunch a few times I've eaten 1 serving of wheat thins with a can of the chicken that you use for chicken salad.  It's not as plain as it sounds, but I got the idea from the teacher that I used to work for.  She had it for lunch all the time, and she looks fantastic.  

I also love my mini Crock Pot.  I mix 1 small can of tomato sauce, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of chicken, and about 2 cups of corn that I froze this summer.  I have put cheese in it before, which was AMAZING, but I try not to put very much because I know that cheese isn't the best thing to be eating all the time.  I think it's delicious and it lasts me about 3 days because no one else likes it.  I just put the leftovers in the fridge and microwave it.

4 comments:

  1. All kinds of exciting changes for you! I wish you the best of luck in health and education and I so admire you for going after both - not only that, but you seem to have a smart plan. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! Sounds like you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weightloss and healthy eating. Can you send some of your motivation my way?

    ReplyDelete