Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year, No Excuses

So, I'm sitting here dying on my couch.  Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be fine.  I'm just finishing the episode of Gangland that I started watching while I was on the treadmill.  I can't get enough of this show, I don't know why this shit fascinates me so much.  I'm afraid to go shower right now because I don't want to fall and bang my head on the bath tub.

So I took a picture of my fat self.......and it's not going to be put on this blog.  I have it saved on my computer, but I can't bring myself to put it up for people to see, because it completely grosses me out.  MAYBE after I lose some weight, I'll put it up with the after picture.  I probably will, but right now, I cannot let people see it.  I even have it hidden on the computer so that my husband won't see it.  Anyways, I made a list of things to help me and I made copies of it.  There's a copy in my room, bathroom, living room, and a shorter version in my car.


  • Take water everywhere.
  • No more fast food.
  • No soda.
  • Drink a glass of water before every meal.
  • Do cardio 20 minutes a day at least 5 days a week.
  • Keep serving sizes small.
  • Good posture all the time.
  • Substitute sweets.
  • Don't skip breakfast.
  • Eat slowly.
  • Drink lots of water.
  • Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
  • Lower salt intake.
  • Avoid stress.
  • Only weigh in once a week or once every two weeks.
Honestly the hardest part of this is not skipping breakfast, but I'm working on it.

I'm also looking for a doctor.  All I have is my OB/GYN and I need to go see just like, a general health doctor.  Two years ago when my dad had triple bypass surgery, his doctor recommended that my brother and I get our cholesterol checked because, so far, bad cholesterol and heart disease have been genetic.  I didn't get mine done because I was pregnant and they said it wasn't really accurate then, so I need to get on it.  My little brother got his checked when he was 17 and had the cholesterol of about a 35 year old man.  So far I'm doing pretty well.

Starting weight: 176.4 (and I'm only 5'3" on a tall day, you do the math)
Starting pant size: 11.....a very tight 11

I've also challenged my husband.  He made a huge mistake the other day.  He said "You've been 'gordita' (chubby) for your whole life, so maybe you're meant to be chubby.  Some people are just like that."
I didn't talk to him for like 2 hours.  I said that I didn't think he could lose weight either.  When he was 17 he weighed about 140 lbs and the other day he weighed in at 220.  THAT'S 80 POUNDS.  So I challenged him.  He says he's going to lose 20 pounds by the end of February.  I told him that I didn't think that was really healthy, but that's what he says he's going to do, so we'll see.  I'll keep you updated.  

1 comment:

  1. Those are all great list of helpful tips! Avoid stress is a biggie for me and so hard to do....oh and staying away from chocolate!

    ReplyDelete