Friday, September 30, 2011

Spanish Friday

I decided to participate in Spanish Friday over at Latinaish today!  I know yesterday I said I would vlog, but then I didn't put any make-up on today, and I didn't feel like broadcasting my plain old face.  HOWEVER, I did upload some pictures for you.  (Not of me.)

Cuando me casè con este Salvadoreño guapo tambien me casè con una cultura maravillosa.  Una cultura en que la gente me acceptan con los brazos abiertos y una plata llena de comida rica!
When I married this good-looking Salvadoran, I also married into a marvelous culture.  A culture in which the people accept me with open arms and a plate full of good food!

Hablando de comida, hoy fui con mi esposo a la unica pupuseria cerca de donde vivimos.  El otro dìa yo tratè de hacer pupusas para el y salieron algo mal.  Cuando uno va allà te hacen sentir como parte de la familia entonces me siento mal educada cuando no quito mi propio plato de la mesa.  Tienen ''En dios confiamos'' pintado en una de las paredes.  Los dueños del restaurante son una pareja bien amable.  El señor pica las verduras y lava los platos y la señora prepara toda la comida ella sola.  Parece que tienen unos setenta años pero allì estan trabajando juntos todos los dìas.
Speaking of food, today I went with my husband to the only 'pupuseria' near where we live.  The other day I tried to make pupusas for him, and they came out kind of bad.  When you go there they always make you feel like part of the family, and so I feel like I have bad manners when I don't clear my plate from the table.  They have ''En dios confiamos" (In God we trust) painted on one of the walls.  The owners of the restaurant are a very friendly couple.  The man cuts vegetables and washes dishes and the lady prepares all of the food by herself.  I think they're about seventy years old (maybe older...) but there they are, working together, every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment