Sunday, August 7, 2011

The time I was attacked by a vicious sea creature

Ladies and gentlemen, it's freaking hot in Texas.  SO we went to the lake.  There weren't that many people there because IT'S SO FREAKING HOT and there's a little bit of a warning out to stay inside.....cause it's freaking hot.

I'm kind of a wimp, people.  I LOVE the water, but I have serious issues with fish, plants, and really any kind of underwater life.  I can go to Bear Lake because the water is semi-clear, and I can see what's going on and stuff like that.  The water in Cooper Lake, is not so clear.  Like, if you're standing in the water up to your thighs, you can't see your knees.  They finally convinced me to wade in a little and I was standing there and something brushed against my leg...........let me make sure you understand.........I was standing in murky, gross water and SOMETHING TOUCHED MY LEG!!!  You better believe I was out of that water in about 0.3 seconds (which was hard because I was wearing flip flops and it's hard to run in deep water with flip flops.  Duh.)  For real, people, I almost shit myself.

Anyways, after Isabel had her fun in the water with Cangrejo I was holding her and it took her about 30 seconds to start snoring on my shoulder so we went to the picnic area.  I ate a butt load of Cheetos and I don't feel guilty at all.  Now we're back at the house.  Isabel and Cangrejo are sound asleep, so I think I'm going to start packing up our stuff so we can take off early tomorrow morning.  We want to leave here at about 6 AM at the latest.  The plan is to drive about half way home tomorrow (about 12 hours) and then find a hotel and drive the rest of the way on Tuesday.  I'd like to get 14 or 15 hours in tomorrow and get us that much closer but we'll have to see how Isabel is doing and how tired we are.

Haha, Cangrejo threatened me not to put this on Facebook.  So I'm blogging it, instead.

He's so cool.

She was exhausted.

I wore sunscreen, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment