Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween...one day late.

Last Friday my 2 older brothers went to their annual work Halloween party.  They brought their boys to the house and so we painted pumpkins and made s'mores with 6 boys ages 1-11 plus Isabel.  However, before my oldest brother left, we got a picture. 
That's him with the blond wig and the goatee (if you couldn't tell). He was Little Red Riding Hood and my sister-in-law was the Big Bad Wolf.  Seriously, I look forward to Halloween every year just to see what these two are going to dress up as.

Before Isabel went to bed I painted her hand to put it on her pumpkin.  She wasn't really sure what to think about it.

She didn't like me restraining her finger movement when we put it on the pumpkin, either, but by damn, we did it anyways.

Ta-daa!  Here's ME!  No one commented on my last post (thanks, guys) to help me decide which way to paint my face, but a bunch of people on Facebook did, and I ended up actually going with the least popular because I thought it was bad ass.  I didn't do it exactly the same, but whatever.  I still think it rocked, and I only scared two little kids when we went trick-or-treating.  I was worried that it would freak Isabel out, but she actually thought it was pretty funny.

And here's my brujita linda!  (Pretty little witch.)  We went to my friend's store and she found a broom to play with, which was awesome and appropriate, so I took a picture.  Plus, she just looked so damn cute.

Here we are on the front porch :)  My mom took a picture of us almost every year when we were little on the porch for Halloween, so I considered it necessary.  Hopefully next year we can take the picture on our own porch, though.

It was a pretty long night for her.  She didn't really get the whole trick-or-treating thing, but she thought it was awesome that every time someone opened the door they let her grab as much candy as her little hands could, and this girl has enough dum-dums to last until her birthday so we're set.

So, now we're on to November.  I can't believe how fast this year has gone by!  I hope that November is better than the last few months have been.  I'm already working on a bunch of Christmas projects, as of next week I'll be working full time, and hopefully I'll be starting online classes on the 15th.  I can't even tell you how freaking excited I am.  I like studying, is that weird?  For someone that almost didn't graduate and basically got kicked out of school her 2nd trimester of her senior year, I love to learn.  Now that I'm doing it because I want to, I feel really driven and excited and I can't wait to start.  I'll be working a lot because we're hoping to go to California for Christmas and New Years to be with Cangrejo's extended family (whom I've never met) and we've got to save up extra money for gas.  It's gonna be crazy the next couple of months, but I'm looking forward to it!  So, Happy November everyone, be grateful and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment